Thursday, July 8, 2010

'Da Wa'

As you may be able to tell from prior posts, Tigger LOVES the water. He loves swimming and bath time. We go swimming every weekend and two days a week at daycare, they have water play on the playground (which they set up with several inflatable pools).

As if that isn't enough, Papa TT and I decided to get a wading pool for our backyard (it's not really a yard - just a parking spot with a few bushes on the side). I got a great deal on a used pool on Craigslist; $20 and a good scrubbing by Papa TT and we were in business!

I've started having 'pool time' with Tigger after I pick him up from day care. It's still pretty hot at 4/5 pm and our local park isn't very shaded. This is a good activity for him, especially since Tilly can relax in her crib in the air conditioned house.

Tigger gets so excited about the water - he calls it 'da wa' (his version of 'the water'). He knows it's swim time when I put his swim diaper on. Here he is running to the back door after I just changed him:



We got outside and I put him in the pool. He looks kind of sad - where's the water?!?!


There it is!

Fun, fun!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I still hear him in my sleep! What a very smart idea in this heat. Give both kids a big kiss from Grandma...