Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Pregnancy Gods are Always Fair

So I read in one of my books that the pregnancy gods are always fair. Meaning that if you're lucky enough to miss out on one not-so-fun aspect of pregnancy, you will definitely be cursed with another. Well, the author was not kidding.

I must confess that the first two trimesters almost made me cocky. I didn't have morning sickness, fatigue or cravings. It was a breeze! I thought, this is no big deal. Well, the third trimester is here and boy was I on crack.

Not only am I tired, but I'm now enjoying such things as massive fatigue, heartburn, too-tight maternity clothes and snoring (although I think that's something that Papa Tigger gets to enjoy). Just yesterday, I glanced down and to my horror, realized that I've been cursed again. This time with bloating and swelling. When I looked down, I realized that I couldn't see my ankles. I have cankles (where your ankles are so fat there is no delineation between your ankles and calves)! I had to take a picture just to prove it! I wish I had a 'before' picture to go with this 'after' picture, but you can just picture lovely, slender ankles as my 'before.'


2 comments:

Debbi said...

Love the"cankles"!!!
Hang in there - the end result is amazing!!
G-ma T

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for a good pedi!