Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tilly Reveals....

.....herself. Yes, that's right folks, it's a girl! We had a sonogram last week and the technician told us that she is very certain that we are having a girl. We tried to get a 3D sonogram pic, but Tilly wouldn't cooperate. We did manage to get one cute pic of her sucking her thumb:

Some of you may be wondering where the belly pics are. Well, we're not going to do belly pics with Tilly. Honestly, I'm tired of being stared at, pawed at and in general, having my body be the topic of conversation on a regular basis. I think that the belly pics perpetuate the idea that my body is fodder for all of that, so we'll be skipping it this go-round.

Now, you might be thinking that I sound a little short about this. But what I think a lot of people forget is that even though Tilly is in there, it's still my body. When is it ever acceptable to stare at and comment on a person's physical appearance? Most would argue that such talk is impolite. So why is it different when a woman is pregnant? And why do people think it's ok to touch my belly? You didn't think it was ok to touch it when I wasn't pregnant, so why do you think it's acceptable now?

I do recognize that pregnancy is a joyous event and people just want to talk about it and be a part of it. And some pregnant women may enjoy sharing their body so openly. I however am not one of them. Suffice it to say Tilly's in there, I'm showing and we can leave it at that, thank you:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.