Friday, March 14, 2008

Two Hands, Two Feet, and a Tasty Thumb!

Tigger Thomas exists! Mama Tigger has not felt much different since "the stick" back in January - no morning sickness, etc. So, it has been tough for us to be sure that Tigger really existed. That was, until today.

We had our first sonogram. And all was well!

The technician even had me poke it a bit, so it would shift around - very funny. It even did this funky levitation thing at one point. And, as photo #2 proves, it loves its thumb already!


Today's appointment was a consultation with a "high-risk" doctor - something every parent-to-be wants to hear. But, have no fear - all was well. Heartbeat is there and normal. Normal size for the age (12 weeks). And the only change to Mama Tigger's existing regiment is that she needs to keep a closer eye on her blood pressure. Yeah!

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

That is SO cool! I had no idea that sonograms this early could be so detailed.

With my Ob-gyn, I was only supposed to get 1 sonogram (the 18-week one) and then I got lucky and got another one at 38 weeks because doc thought Sweet Pea might be breach. Methinks I should find a different doc because both my co-workers got at least 3 sonograms during their pregnancies.