Friday, March 19, 2010

Fun with Meema

The other day, Meema left town to fly back to Texas after a nice long visit. She came up to help me with Tigger because Papa Tigger was in Texas at SXSW. It was like they switched places - Papa Tigger flew from DC to Austin and Meema flew from Austin to DC!

Tigger had lots of fun with Meema. First we went to the airport to pick her up. Tigger was fascinated by the planes.

While she was here, they had fun reading books and coloring.


She was a big help. Thanks Meema!!

The day she left, I went to pick up Tigger from daycare and had to laugh. The weather is getting warmer and his teachers were being diligent about putting a hat on him. It's a reversible hat - orange on one side and a leaf design on the other. They of course put it on with the leaf design showing (I know, it kind of looks like flowers) and they put it on really far back on his head. He just looked so cute, and kind of goofy, running around the playground that I had to take a picture. Papa Tigger has decided that it's time for a new hat.

We got home and Tigger started one of his favorite activities - opening all the kitchen cabinets. We have a rule - he can open the cabinets and play with the contents, but not take anything out (except the tupperware, because that's safe). Well, he was feeling mischievous because he decided to take something out of the cabinets. It wasn't just anything, it was a box of baking soda. The bottom cabinets are mostly pot/pans and dishes, but we have one cabinet of baking supplies. You know how those Arm & Hammer boxes work - once they're opened, they're opened. And of course I had the good fortune to be getting the mail while Tigger was doing this. So in the 45 seconds I turned my back, he managed to grab the box and carry it all the way through the house to the front door, to see what I was doing. Here is the trail he left....

Good thing we have an Oreck!

I'll finish the post with something about Tilly - there's something about being pregnant that gives you weird dreams. Last night I had a very vivid dream. I had to get to Highland Mall (yes, in Austin where I haven't lived in 6 years) to get to the Great American Cookie Company before they closed. They have these huge cookies that are decorated like cakes; they are so yummy. It was such a clear dream - it was 6:40 and they closed at 7:00. I had to get there to get a 'Happy 4th of July' cookie with red, white and blue icing. Bizarre, huh??

No comments: