Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rough Afternoon

We've been pretty lucky so far that Caleb isn't too cranky or fussy, but I think that's starting to change. He's beginning to emerge from his newborn-sleeping-all-the-time phase and making Papa Tigger and me work a little more.

I did the 5 am feeding this morning and for some reason, Caleb was pretty chatty (well, grunting is more like it) after I laid him back in his crib. At about 7 am, I gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up. Papa Tigger and I then went to church, where Caleb was very popular. By the time we got home, ate and fed Tigger again, I was exhausted. So I retreated upstairs to take a nap while Papa Tigger and Caleb watched football.

We're guessing that Caleb is going through a growth spurt, because Papa Tigger kept feeding him and feeding him and he was still hungry. I woke up from my nap and we fed him some more, finally satiating him with almost 6 ounces (he usually takes 3 - 4 ounces). Here is Caleb, finally full and asleep, with Papa Tigger who is likewise worn out.


No comments: