Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday and Baby Extravaganza in VA

This past weekend, the whole family traveled to Virginia for a birthday extravaganza. It was a big birthday for G-Ma C (don't worry Mom, I won't say which one) and my birthday was the following Tuesday. G-Ma and G-Pa T also took the opportunity to throw a mini-baby celebration for Tigger with the neighbors.

Everyone had great fun. Michael and Lorelei (soon to be aunt and uncle to Tigger) tried their hand at wakeboarding and Cassidy (soon to be cousin to Tigger) got to ride on a boat for the first time.

I think at first, Cassidy's not sure about this. Her life vest is a little big:


But she soon starts enjoying the view from the front of the boat:

Everyone takes turns holding on to her:



Cassidy enjoying taking Mom's sunglasses:

And saying hi to boat captain Kim:


I didn't want to post this picture, but Papa Tigger begged me. Here is me none-too-happy that I can't even zip up the Large life vest (I usually wear the Medium):



During the baby celebration, there was a onesie-decorating activity. Several of us tried our hand at decorating a onesie for Tigger. Some of the action shots and results:




















For the road trip, Papa Tigger insisted we bring along the car seat ("just in case"). Here's Cassidy trying it out:

She's so smart! She knows how to buckle her own car seat, so here she is doing the buckles on Tigger's car seat:



Whew, what a weekend! Even the dogs are tired:

No comments: