Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby Names

So, Papa Tigger and I have been thinking about baby names (we want to give Tigger a name from the Bible). This morning, the sermon in church was about Zaccheaus, the tax collector (we could call him Zack!). I liked the story around Zaccheaus, but it's only the first idea of what will probably be many.

As we continue to search for inspiration in the Bible, we'd like to ask our friends and family to share one of their favorite biblical stories. Of course, a good story with a biblical name in it would add to our inspiration. And since we've decided (for now) not to find out the sex of the baby, we're open to boy and girl biblical names and stories. Any and all thoughts are welcome! FYI, for reference, here is a website that might help.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Lorelei said...

I had a Picture Bible when I was little and one of my favorite stories from it was the story of Esther. Here's a link to the story.

Anna said...

Renee - If its a boy I highly recommend naming little Tigger.... Ecclesiastes...you know the story.

Anna said...

If its a girl I think Stella and Flora are nice...different but listed on the site you referenced.

I also think Olivia is pretty but not sure if its on the site ...saw Olive and Ollie.

Debbi said...

I took out our bible and stumbled on the name "Barak"
in Judges 4:6 and right above it is "Deborah" - a prophetess!!!! Wonder if THAT means anything? Anyway, here are a few of my favorites:
Abigail,Anna,Caleb,Diana,Eli,Gabriel,Jacob,Jesse,
Joanna,Joel,Jonah,Jordan,Lily,Lydia,Micah,Phoebe,
Rachel,Sela,Simon....

Darrin said...

You have to check out:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager

Fascinating tool to see the rise and fall in the popularity of baby names!