Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Changes, Changes

Well folks, times are a changing! It's time for Mama TT to return to work so Tilly has started day care this week. We're starting slow - just two hours each day (10 am - noon). Yesterday was her first day and she did great. I didn't do so well. Even though I love our day care and the ladies in the baby room, I broke down and cried when I had to drop her off. Of course, she looked right at me and cried as I left! I hid out of sight and she stopped crying in about one minute. She ate, slept and played in those two hours and came home exhausted (see below).

Next week I start work and we'll extend her time to all morning (I'll work from home in the afternoons). After Labor Day she'll go all day like Tigger! Such a big girl...

This is also a transition week for Tigger. He's moving to the older toddler room. He too goes to his new room from 10 am to noon this week (then switches permanently next week). Yesterday didn't go so well. He was doing great but saw me when I picked up Tilly at noon. He apparently was so upset he had to go back to his old teacher to calm down:( Today I snuck Tilly in and out very stealth-like; he didn't see me and did great in his new classroom. Though it's a bit sad to see him grow up, Papa TT and I really like his new room. His new teacher has already talked to us about potty training (cue angels singing)!!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

You guys are doing such a GREAT job!! Hang in there and just enjoy each moment. Love you all, Grandma T