Sunday, August 16, 2009

Swim Day

Papa Tigger recently read about the Wilson Aquatic Center in DC, which is a brand new $35 million aquatic center free to DC residents. Yesterday we decided to throw on our swimsuits and see our tax dollars at work.


First, we lubed up....


....only to arrive and find out that the center is an indoor facility. Oh well! We got in the water with Tigger's cool shark floaties purchased from Target (thanks Bobbi and Dick for the gift card!). How cute are they?!?!?







At first Tigger was unsure, but warmed up and started splashing away. I'm sure he was wondering what all those people were doing in his bath!




He thought the bucket-waterfall thing was fascinating.




Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of photos, because the life guard came over (see him in the picture below) to inform us that no pictures were allowed. Ehh??




All in all, it was a good time. We went home and let Tigger crawl around the house the way he loves to. He managed to shut our bedroom door with himself inside (he's become fascinated with doors). When I checked on him, I found him playing with my suitcase. I guess he wants to go to Atlanta with me this week!

No comments: