Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Poem from Clint

Clint & Kathryn Shay are good friends of my parents. Clint and I have always enjoyed great conversations - he is one of the most curious people I have ever met. Into his 80s, he and I discuss emerging social media tools such as wikis and blogs.

For our baby shower thingy this weekend, he wrote a poem for us (mainly me, as I re-read it...). Clint is an engineer who writes poetry (he helped develop the glass that is used on iPhones). Fascinating.

Unfortunately, we did not get his performance on video. But, I was able to snag his cheat sheet. So, without further adieu:
Here's to Tigger, He's the one
He'll be so much fun when he comes.

But if it's a Tigga so much the betta
Either way - things will get wetta.

Big Tigger worries he won't have much to do
Worries will be over when he gets covered with poo.

Between Barack, and Tig and Honey Do
He'll wish he could morph into more than two.

Oh! It's going to be rife with strife
But trade it for anything? Not on your life!
Thanks Clint!

No comments: