Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making Baby Food

When Tigger first started solids, we began with simple things like rice cereal and oatmeal. When we moved on to fruits and veggies, I made his baby food. I never thought I'd be the kind of person to make my own baby food, but it's pretty easy. I like the idea of knowing exactly what's gone into his food. And it really doesn't take that long. In a Sunday afternoon, I can make enough to last 2-3 weeks (since an individual serving is so small).

A few weeks ago, we went to this great restaurant, Art and Soul. The food was fantastic! Well, G-Ma T was perusing their website this week and noticed that they were offering a baby food making class this weekend. Papa Tigger and I signed up and headed over yesterday morning. We learned a few tips and even got to sample some food (baby and adult) for ourselves. Of course, Tigger needed a nap so he slept through most of it.....




But he woke up at the end of class with enough time to charm some of the other parents and sample one of Chef Ryan's dishes.

No comments: